KEPHA (pronounced Kay-Fah), the Brotherhood of the Iron Will, is a Catholic brotherhood dedicated to supporting and challenging members to an increased practice of our Faith. Our Brotherhood welcomes men of all ages and pushes them to be the best they can be.
Dynamic Orthodoxy, Infectious Joy
The Brotherhood does this through our charism of dynamic orthodoxy and infectious joy. Our dynamic orthodoxy is manifest in our immovable faith in the teachings of the Magisterium, our devotion to the Roman Pontiff, the Successor of St. Peter, and our fearless defense of the Catholic Church. Our infectious joy emerges from the joy of living the Christian life with our brothers. The Brotherhood is currently active in Dallas.
Who is Kepha for?
Kepha is for any Catholic man over the age of reason who does not wish to settle for the status quo, but desires to become the best he can be. If you are someone looking to do the bare minimum, this is not the place for you. In the words of Bernard of Clairveaux, “it profits a man little to follow Christ if he fails to overtake him.” If you are looking for this kind of challenge, this is the Brotherhood for you. To learn more about this, Take the Kepha Challenge.
The age of reason is when a child can understand the difference between right and wrong, and is typically 7, but can vary.
What Defines Kepha?
We are defined by our five pillars: apologetics, brotherhood, charity, mortification, and prayer.
- Apologetics, the reasoned defense of the Faith, is taught through our unique apologetics program.
- Our Brotherhood is manifest “whenever two or more of us are gathered in His Name.”
- The Brotherhood engages in Charity by volunteering at multiple Catholic institutions, such as the Missionaries of Charity.
- Mortification is required of all members monthly and at retreats, that we may discipline our bodies and offer them for remission of temporal punishment.
- Prayer is the staple of any Christian life, and as such rosaries or Divine Mercy chaplets are required daily, as are morning prayers.
The highlights of Kepha are the retreats, where men spend two or three days in prayer, learning about the faith, playing games (dodgeball is merciless), visiting nursing homes, and waking at 2 AM for adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
Where is Kepha?
Currently Kepha is rising from a two year sleep. At one point we had members across Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, Oklahoma, and Florida and Chapters have existed in New Orleans, Dallas, and Oklahoma. Now Kepha has had a chastity retreat in Florida in April, and the Dallas St Peter Chapter is up and running, with three retreats this past year and the annual Chastity Retreat coming up.
Interested now? Contact Us